Unitarian Universalism honors assortment out of sexes and you can gendered experience. These pages even offers ways your congregation increases the acceptance and you may introduction out-of transgender some body, first definitions, and extra info.
- Prevent and then make presumptions about intercourse name or sexual orientation.
- Respect another person’s identity and you will care about-term, and you will regard someone’s picked title and you may pronouns. Behavior giving their pronouns once you meet new people.
- Don’t assume good trans people desires to talk about trans issues and only trans products. Engage her or him inside talk and move on to discover them since you would some body. Discover more about transgender identity and you will gender range your self (envision beginning with the latest information lower than).
- Understand that “transgender” isn’t an intimate direction and you can become knowledgeable while some to your the differences between sexual direction and gender title/term. Do not say “lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender” while you are only providing regarding the sex. Keep in mind that a person can identify with well over certainly people brands.
- Use words you to encompass most of the sexes instead of only two (elizabeth.grams., “children” instead of “girls and boys”; “people” rather than “both women and men”; “sisters,” “kindred,” otherwise “brothers and sisters and you may siblings of all of the sexes” in the place of “brothers and sisters”).
- Remark your congregation’s policies and functions. Instance, try gender-personal communities including trans visitors? Create those with low-digital identities possess a way to be involved? If you utilize models you to require intercourse, is that suggestions requisite? If it is, allow an open field if at all possible, whenever perhaps not, through the solution “Transgender” together with a refill-in-the-blank container, and invite people to view multiple field. Check out your congregation’s procedures to have youngsters events, their Safe Congregation Rules, plus.
- Communicate with youngsters from the gender assortment. Bring many years-appropriate training up to expertise one’s sex label and exactly how gender positions and norms enjoy in our world.
- Employ intercourse neutral restroom(s) and you can name all the restrooms inside the an enticing way. Make sure that your cues throughout your place section how to the toilet possibilities.
- Perform continuous knowledge for the congregation especially to the transgender factors and you can intercourse assortment. You could consider using among the best curricula lower than, a movie exhibiting and you will dialogue, a screen dialogue, and/or good sermon on the topic.
- Learn about regional and you may government rules and the ways to change them if they are perhaps not inclusive (age.g., non-discrimination regulations to a job, housing, credit, university and you can college or university admissions, and you may personal apartments; term changes; and you can intercourse marker transform). Proceed with the frontrunners from local and federal transgender groups.
First Significance Throughout the Sex Identity
Our people does maximum its comprehension of gender to simply a few alternatives: boy and you will lady. Unitarian Universalism understands that there are many than simply two genders, and a limitless form of gendered experience in the country.
The new physiological properties particularly structure, chromosomes, and you may hormones one up-date whether or not a person is male, ladies, or intersex. In which gender describes biology, sex refers to the social and social understandings which might be superimposed near the top of biology.
One’s internal feeling of are dating websites voor bbw a person, a female, none of them, both, and stuff like that-it’s your interior sense of getting and a person’s own understanding out of how you to identifies brand new intercourse digital. Except for agender anyone, exactly who often don’t have an inside sense of gender, we enjoys an intercourse term.
The ways in which a man exhibits masculinity, womanliness, both, otherwise neither because of looks, choices, dress, message activities, preferences, and. So it name identifies exactly how a person expresses their gender name or even the cues anybody use to identify gender.